Calendar of Events
- On September 26th and 27th, in Paris, in the rest of the country and the rest of the world, let us mobilize to support and promote the citizens’ initiatives that enable us to fight against climate change and to push for an energy transition. http://coalitionclimat21.org/en/26th-and-27th-september-lets-show-them-a...
Two weeks to ramp up the mobilisation
The outline presented here relates to different dates and times of mobilization that all follow one logic: ramping up our mobilizations and the assertion of our movement’s strength and diversity.
- On November 28th and 29th, keep up the success of the climate marches!
On the eve of the official Summit, and after the success of September 2014 mobilizations, let us take to the streets of Paris and major world cities in mass, in order to put pressure on political decision-makers, launch the two weeks of mobilizations in parallel with the COP21, and focus all attention on this initial date, before the large mass action on December 12th.
- On December 5th and 6th, let us hold the Global Village of Alternatives, in Montreuil.
Thousands of alternatives to confront the climate crisis are put in practice every day by millions of individuals, organizations, and local groups, in all sorts of fields. Not only do these alternatives exist, but they are building a better world as well: with more justice, solidarity, and conviviality! Let us make them visible over a festive people’s weekend in Montreuil, and share our experiences, our analyses, our struggles, and our hopes, so that we can establish our movement for the long haul.
Locations: several tens of spots between the metro stops Croix de Chavaux and Mairie de Montreuil.
- December 7-11 at the “104” – everyone come to the Action Zone for the Climate!
For four days, we will transform this former municipal undertaker’s premises, now an artistic establishment, into a site swarming with life, with creative proposals, and joyous resistance. At 104, all sorts of people will mingle: from activists who have come from the four corners of the earth to schoolchildren from the surrounding region. People will come here to look for simple information on the climate crisis and the UN negotiation process as well as to find meeting spaces to inform themselves, create, and coordinate.
Location: the “104” (19th district, Paris)
- On December 12th, take it to Paris: it is we who will have the last word!
It is time we write a different story: we do not want to remain mere spectators of the end of the UN Conference, patiently awaiting the verdict of the negotiations! Fortified and galvanized by two rich weeks of mobilizations, actions, discussions, and festivals, we want to write our history, that of citizens who are building a just and sustainable future. This December 12th, we call for a mass action, inclusive and creative, in order to show that the movement for climate justice possesses the energy and determination to impose its solutions, and to grow even stronger in 2016.
Translation: Tim Slater
Proofreading: Louise Peltier